Acne is a common skin disease characterized by pimples on the face, chest, and back. It occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria.(1)
Causes and Symptoms ₍₁₎
- Age. Due to the hormonal changes they experience, teenagers are more likely to develop acne.
- Gender. Boys have more severe acne and develop it more often than girls.
- Disease. Hormonal disorders can complicate acne in girls.
- Heredity. Individuals with a family history of acne have greater susceptibility to the disease.
- Hormonal changes. Acne can flare up before menstruation, during pregnancy, and menopause.
- Diet. No foods cause acne, but certain foods may cause flare-ups.
- Drugs. Acne can be a side effect of drugs including tranquilizers, antidepressants, antibiotics, oral contraceptives, and anabolic steroids.
- Personal hygiene. Abrasive soaps, hard scrubbing, or picking at pimples will make them worse.
- Cosmetics. Oil-based makeup and hair sprays worsen acne.
- Environment. Exposure to oils and greases, polluted air, and sweating in hot weather aggravate acne.
- Stress. Emotional stress may contribute to acne.
Helping You Have Great Skin For Life
Innovative products that help develop and maintain great skin for life. Medical grade skin care products for every skin type and lifestyle. Products include sunscreen, cleansers, moisturizers, and more.
No More Guess Work,
Get A Customized Regimen
A comprehensive medical skincare line to address multiple skin concerns. State-of-the-art science-based, luxurious formulations with innovative delivery systems. The key to beautiful skin is your skincare professional can customize your AlumierMD experience.
Professional Skin Care Products for Healthy Skin
DCL Skincare develops innovative skincare formulations for some of the best and brightest names in aesthetic skincare, including renowned dermatologists.
Achieve Healthy & Beautiful Skin With Lycogel
Lycogel has a reputation for providing technically formulated, quality products to benefit any skin type. If you are selective about what you use on your skin, then Lycogel is the perfect range for you. Give your skin what it needs and deserves.